Monday, 6 February 2012

English Rose

Today is a fitting day to celebrate the 'English Rose' with a beautiful image of a paper pieced union flag alongside the Kanban beautiful acetate domes.
So, I thought it was about time I shared an image of a card made from the Pick of the Week last week the Blooming Frames Kit. Those who have followed my work over the years will know just how much I love the use of acetate in my card projects. This kit is an excellent kit for developing your skills with acetate and adding dimension to your projects in a different way. I love the versatility of the arms on the domes enabling you to zig zag fold them to allow them to squeege down for postage ( technical term!), use the folds and slots dome effect or create c shaped arms to create a depth of your choice.

English Rose

 Great top tip print out a flag to the size you require for your mat, using a copyright free image usually found via clipart within some software packages. Then create a pattern piece for each sheet or scrap of patterned paper that you wish to use. I pieced this one on a cream base so it shows through for the finer lines on the flag. Then add the various pieces in layers , Lay them out first and make sure that you note a number on each layer as you remove them to help you reassemble them in the correct order. My initial inspiration for this card was a cushion and I also would like to get my sewing machine out to stitch the pieces in place. When stitching I tend to do mats and layers in a batch and basically nothing is safe! Sew ( sorry) enjoy creating paper pieced mats that reflect stories, themes and styles to compliment your toppers!

4 comments:

  1. A beautifully created card, as always. I love the soft colours and pretty florals:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Welcome Sasha to my lil blog and thank you for your kind comments they are very much appreciated.

      Delete
    2. Welcome Sasha to my lil blog and thank you for your kind comments they are very much appreciated.

      Delete
  2. what wonderful site and an insight to your craft world!

    ReplyDelete