Monday, 27 February 2012

What a busy couple of weeks!

Firstly, a huge hello and thank you all the wonderful crafters I had the opportunity to met at the Craft Palace opening. A super day was had by all and I thoroughly enjoyed sharing all my hints and tips with so many crafters. A special mention to Belinda and Cindy who spent the entire day with me , leaving with a great crafty stash and all our side aching from laughter.





Secondly, it was the trade show last weekend at the NEC and we all worked hard at house of Kanban to put together what can only be descibed as a major construction and homage to shabby chic styling. The fresh background provided a beautiful base for all the amazing ranges that we launched and presented to the industry. It was so busy we were rushed off our feet and it was such a pleasure to meet so many retailers . We often forget all the hard work that goes into running a craft business as a consumer and I can assure you that so many retailers have come up with innovative ideas to support your crafting addiction and make the most of the ranges that they stock. So if you have not had a chance recently why not pop into your local store and find out what's going on near you !




Finally, after a very busy weekend at Create and Craft I thought this would be a great opportunity to look at the amazing Kandi core that I launched on Friday.  Using the concept of core cardstock Kanban evolved the concept by adding a smooth printed surface on both sides. This provides a great background that cn be distressed with embossing and sanding. Create faux crackle effects by scrunching and sanding back, use your scoreboards to score lines or even images to sand back and create your own embellishments with diecutting tools.


Join Dawn Wheeler and I for shows throughout the week with this super new product that offers you so many crafty possibilities.  Do check the create and craft scheduling to get update show times. I hope to post a few sneak peeks of some new projects I am working on soon.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Wendie,
    First of all...your tag card is gorgeous!

    The Kanban display looks amazing!! I love shabby chic, and everything looks so pretty.

    I've been trying to find the Kanban collection that was shown on C&C a while back, but it doesn't seem to be available on their website. It had quite a lot of pink, and a French theme. I also seem to recall seeing a postcard image. I can't remember the name of the collection. I wondered if you could help? x

    ReplyDelete