Sunday, 18 March 2012

Forever Florals

Happy Mother's day to all and I hope this day finds you well and smiling with the prospect of the first day of spring next week! Today, I share some projects that I created for the amazing four day deal that I was sadly unable to share with you due to a pesky bug! It seems most fitting to share blooms that last forever and hopefully some of you may have been treated to this super kit today. I was thrilled to receive a beautiful handmade card from my sons and I was most impressed by the delightful breakfast in bed that they made for me, thank you boys! So now off to do some baking for us all to enjoy later and put the finishing touches to the treats for our Moms!

Double trouble by using two card bases together you can create some super finishes and if you purchased the additional shaped card kit you can create some extra special cards for those extraordinary ladies!
A close up of the inner aperture and using the
beautiful embossed floral card as a base, allowing
 the scalloped edge to peek through.

Trifold Damask Diamond Card
Tri-fold card made from two card bases overlapped in the middle and secured with adhesive. You need to trim off the outer scallop so they nestle inside. on both cards. I inserted the vellum panel that I had embossed with a parchment tool for added dimension!
I put the front of this card through an embossing folder. By aligning the folder carefully I left an equal border at the top and the bottom to accent with gems.
Finally the inner panel was created using the stackable decoupage and I cheated by gutting the centre of the base layer and cutting the individual blooms to apply a further layer of decoupage for added dimension on the stacker.

2 comments:

  1. GREAT CARDS WENDIE HOPE EVERYONE ENJOYS THEM YOU ARE VERY TALENTED KEN

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful cards Wendi - and such a delicate kit...

    ReplyDelete